Monday, September 27, 2010

Kalamunda Loop

After the late night I didn't make it to the SPR hills ride. But not long after lunch I was feeling like a ride. I'd gotten a good GPS track of one of Gregor's mates and thought I'd go exploring on the dually for the first time in ages,.... and the first time actually using my Garmin for navigation.
Heading off from the trailhead, otherwise known as the carpark of Kalamunda Coles..., I was full of enthusiasm. It had been some time indeed since my last solo expedition on the mountain bike. A few recent blats in the vicinity of The Dell and Mt Gungin had re-ignited a spark for riding off road.
The trail was at first a narrow fire trail, fairly smooth and small sections of singetrack, pretty flat with nothing too taxing. This is a popular section for walkers as it cuts along the back of houses in Kalamunda, not that I saw any this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment