Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hump day over

  I'd forgotten how much of dogs breakfast the PSP heading north from the city is. More than once I found myself channeling Obi Wan Kenobi in an attempt to choose the correct correct path. This is a result of not enough clear signage and the vandalism of the signs that are there. Some of them are so covered in graffiti that makes them almost unreadable. The path itself is far from smooth although it does improve in the newer sections the further north you go. Certainly makes me appreciate the fantastic cycleway we enjoy south of the river and it's clear to me why so many triathletes use it rather than the north section for riding.
  Saw a few commuters and plenty of idiots without helmets (or a helmet dangling over their handlebars...) One guy riding a roadie with knicks, a t-shirt tucked into them and then a generic safety vest over the top of that. Stylish.
  Despite the small hiccoughs along the way it was an enjoyable ride, always nice to ride in places that one isn't too familiar with.
  My fitness course tonight started to introduce us to some of the machines and ways of introducing them to people. I came across something I hadn't seen before - a seated assisted dip machine. Quite like it.
  Caught the train home with Tim. I was absolutely amazed at all the kiddies dressed as prostitutes on the train at 9:30pm on a Wednesday night. Don't they have parents?
  Sensibly decided to pull the pin on SPR Thursday ride. No chance I was gunna get up after getting home after 10pm, eating something, doing a load of washing, sorting out stuff for track, and getting to bed.
  Disappointed I missed Cameron Meyer in the Commonwealth Games points race. Took 3 laps from the field which is unheard of. Too classy for the competition by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment