Saturday, October 9, 2010

Joondalup

  I decided to ride to my fitness course course today in Joondalup.  The weather was a balmy 12 degrees and the trains were out north of Edgewater station.  I took the 'crosser as I haven't spent much time on it recently and the cycle path north of the river is so much more comfortable on the 'crosser compared to the roadie.
  My ride was progressing well, I'd warmed up quite well and was humming along at Canning Bridge.  It was here that I came across a couple of other riders who latched on whiled I pulled them at 35kph.  I was fine with that and kept it up till just before the Narrows.  I slowly rode up the hill past Parliament House and navigated my way across the city to Leederville and the path heading north.  No drama and had plenty of time for a shower, coffee and banana bread before class started.

  Today we were learning about lower body muscles and had fun drawing them on Sam with a thick texta.  Some practical sessions in the gym were quite informative too.  I learned some stuff about Bosu boards and fit balls, squatting and discovered (well it was more like confirmed) that I am shithouse at chin-ups.  The only way is up with regards to that simple exercise.

  Ride home was warm and generally uneventful.  One bored magpie had a half hearted swoop before leaving me alone and also the usual fuckwits pissing about on motos near Cockburn.  Was pretty stuffed by the time I got home though - long way from Joondalup.  Devoured a big bit lasagne and heaps of liquid before starting on the chores.

1 comment: